Subject: link metadata cannot override server media type
From: Dan Connolly <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Chris Lilley <[email-masked]>, Stuart Williams <[email-masked]>, Tim Berners-Lee <[email-masked]>, Dan Connolly <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Feb 2003 15:52:47 -0800

This spec can't override the URI/HTTP specs this way...

"A URI reference may be accompanied by a media type that indicates the
content type of the resource identified by the URI. When specified, this
type value takes precedence over other possible sources of the media
type (for instance, the "Content-type" field in an HTTP exchange, or the
file extension)."
  -- http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/CR-speech-grammar-20020626/#S2.2.2

I suggest you fix it to work like in other specs...

"This attribute gives an advisory hint as to the content type of the
content available at the link target address."
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/links.html#adef-type-A

Please add a test case to clarify how this works and let me know when
it's available.

not speaking for the tag, though I discovered this in a tag meeting,
and you may hear more from the tag about it.

-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/